cul·ti·vate tr.v. cul·ti·vat·ed, cul·ti·vat·ing, cul·ti·vates
1.a. To improve and prepare (land), as by plowing or fertilizing, for raising crops; till.
b. To loosen or dig soil around (growing plants).
2. To grow or tend (a plant or crop).
3. To promote the growth of (a biological culture).
4. To nurture; foster. See Synonyms at nurture.
5. To form and refine, as by education.
6. To seek the acquaintance or goodwill of; make friends with.
I want to cultivate better relationships, better eating habits, get into a better exercise routine (and stick with it!!), and to cultivate a better, closer relationship with the Lord. I have goals that I want to cultivate and actually accomplish. It's a big word with big potential.
A couple of goals for this year:
- cultivate new and lasting relationships. Venture outside of my comfort zone and put myself out there to meet people and connect.
- do my first Sun Run. Signed up and ready to work. I'm so excited and nervous. It's going to be tough, but I'm so looking forward to it!
- have a regular exercise program. I want to make some big changes in this department. If you know me, you know that I'm not an "exerciser". I work better with a dance studio, dance routine, and some mirrors. I don't love the gym and machines are not my favourite.
- spend time with God everyday. I am not doing so great with this yet... but it's still only January. My relationship with the Lord has taken a turn to the "hum drums" but I know that it's not forever and it's only a season. Time to move from one season on to the next.
- work on my relationship with my hubby. We both work higher stress level jobs and come home exhausted half the time, so we have to really work at having a relationship besides passing in the hallways and kissing each other good night. Not to say that we have a lot of extra circular activities but that when we come home, we don't really have the energy to pour into each other. It's something that we have to work at. Every. Day!
It's going to be a good year and I want to look back on this list and say "I did that"! I'm really going to have to work at some of them and I want to update where I'm at more frequently.
2013 is going to have some highlights and I'm fully prepared for the low lights but I'm looking at the good things and wanting to achieve them.
Phil 4:13: I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Rom 12:2: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.